What are the Requirements for YouTube Monetization 2024?

Before monetizing your YouTube channel in 2024, know the complete information about monetization with all the new updates and what is needed.

In today’s digital world, earning money on YouTube is a goal that every video creator wants to achieve, which helps them a lot in starting additional work or making YouTube their full-time job. Today, such possibilities are endless with the help of which we all can earn extra income, we just need the right direction which we will discuss with you today.

Although there are many ways to earn money on YouTube and among all these methods, the first thing any creator waits for is channel monetization. What are the main requirements for YouTube channel monetization? Today we will tell you so that you too can start earning from YouTube without any hindrance.

Although the rules of monetization on YouTube keep changing from time to time. First of all, let us tell you about the latest updated monetization policy of YouTube. There are two criteria for monetization on YouTube, the first is lower criteria and the second one is full criteria. Any person can monetize his/her channel in any of these two ways, for which you will have to follow the rules given below.

1. Half/lower monetization criteria-

  1. For this at least 3 videos must be public on the active channel
  2. The channel must have at least 500 subscribers
  3. There should be 3000 hours of watch time on public videos on the active channel, if a video gets deleted or goes private then YouTube does not consider it.

or

       Short videos require 3 million valid views within 90 days

  • If any video is promoted through Google Ads then its watch time is also not considered by YouTube.

  In half/lower monetization, 3 out of 5 features of earning from YouTube become open.

  1. Channel Membership – In which you can on the join button in the videos, as soon as someone joins your video, YouTube pays you monthly. In this, the joining membership has to be set by the channel owner in which YouTube takes a cut of 30% and the owner gets the remaining 70%.
  2. Supers – In this, the channel owner can earn through Super Thanks or Super Chat, which the subscribers give to their favorites. In this also YouTube takes a 30% cut and the owner gets the remaining 70%.
  3. YouTube Shopping – Through this, channel owners can connect any of their products or shops and earn through it. There is no cut of YouTube in this.

Also Read this Article –  Top CMS Platform For Website Development

2. Full monetization criteria

  1. For this at least 3 videos must be public on the active channel
  2. The channel must have at least 1000 subscribers
  3. There should be 4,000 hours of watch time on public videos on the active channel, if a video gets deleted or goes private then YouTube does not consider it.

or

       Short videos require 3 million valid views within 90 days

  • If any video is promoted through Google Ads then its watch time is also not considered by YouTube.

  In full monetization, 5 features of earning from YouTube become open.

  1. Channel Membership – In which you can on the join button in the videos, as soon as someone joins your video, YouTube pays you monthly. In this, the joining membership has to be set by the channel owner in which YouTube takes a cut of 30% and the owner gets the remaining 70%.
  2. Supers – In this, the channel owner can earn through Super Thanks or Super Chat, which the subscribers give to their favourites. In this also YouTube takes a 30% cut and the owner gets the remaining 70%.
  3. YouTube Shopping – Through this, channel owners can connect any of their products or shops and earn through it. There is no cut of YouTube in this.
  4. Watch Page Ads – With this earning will be started through ads shown in between all the videos being played on the channel.
  5. Shorts Feed Ads – Whenever someone watches a short video, ads shown in the swipe-up feed will start earning once this feature is turned on.

But along with this, 2-step verification of the mail ID of the YouTube channel should be on, without which you cannot earn from your channel. Apart from this, there should not be any “No Active Guideline Strike” on your YouTube channel, as there should not be any violation of any rule of YouTube guidelines. Your content should not be copied from anywhere, you have to keep this in mind before monetizing your channel. Otherwise, your monetization will be rejected by YouTube.

2 thoughts on “What are the Requirements for YouTube Monetization 2024?”

  1. Pingback: 15 Important Tools Used For Data Science. - theindustime

  2. Pingback: How to Improve Google AdSense CPC in 2024 - theindustime

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top